|Location||Hove (some remote working optional)|
|Salary||Dependent on experience (we are a living wage employer).|
|Reporting to||Managing Director|
|Hours of work||37.5 hours per week (some flexible hours considered)|
|Start date||May-June 2019|
About Social Brighton
We are a small but fast-growing agency who deliver social media training, consultancy and account management. We work with a variety of clients from start-ups to international organisations. Trading since 2010, we have grown to a team of 4 with a network of experts and consultants who we work with on a regular basis.
We believe social media holds massive opportunities for organisations and individuals. We care about helping our clients add value, reach their target audience and engage them in a positive way. We don’t want to contribute to the noise; we believe in authentic communication and best practice.
What do Social Brighton do?
- Run social media training courses in Brighton for marketing professionals and small business owners
- Deliver in-house social media training for larger teams or departments
- Consult with businesses on an ongoing or project basis in a variety of areas (strategy, marketing campaigns, organisational culture, coaching)
- Support clients with a more hands-on approach delivering social media and advertising support
Our mission is to make a positive impact through social media, by helping our clients execute successful social media marketing and communication strategies.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Marketing Assistant, whose role will be to support, create and deliver marketing content for Social Brighton and our clients.
Key responsibilities include social media account management, copywriting, advert creation and management, reporting, contributing to marketing strategies and some general administration.
We are looking for someone who cares about going the extra mile and doing a brilliant job. Someone who is hard working but loves what they do – so it doesn’t always feel like work. Someone who is dedicated to their own development as well as always supporting the team around them. Someone who will contribute to a great work culture and love being part of the Social Brighton team in our next phase of business growth.
In your role your key responsibilities will be the following:
- Contribute to Social Brighton and client marketing strategies
- Plan, create and publish marketing content
- Social media monitoring and engagement
- Social Media measurement, analysis and reporting
- Copywriting: web pages, blog posts, case studies and e-books.
- Paid adverts management – advert planning, creation, monitoring, data analysis and reporting.
- Client communication
- Email marketing
- Provide marketing reports, complete with data analysis and insights
- Market research and competitor analysis
- Maintain awareness of key issues in the digital marketing sector
Essential skills & attributes
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about social media marketing and communication and the digital sector.
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Be a confident copywriter with an excellent level of written English
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Have a creative approach to content marketing, always thinking of new and better ways to do things!
- Be results driven
- Be confident to share ideas and contribute to strategy
- Be proficient in the practical use of social networks
- Be highly organised with the ability to work autonomously and self-manage workload and deadlines
- Be excited about joining a small, creative and agile business
Desirable skills & attributes
In an ideal world, you will:
- Be proactive and recognise opportunities for business development
- Have an interest in podcasting and been keen to join ours
- Have experience in:
- Facebook Ads Manager
- Facebook Business Manager
(Full training will be given)
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header: Marketing Assistant Application and include
- A CV or link to a complete LinkedIn profile.
- A cover letter or video demonstrating why you are suitable for this role.
- If applicable, links to social media accounts, blogs or case studies that demonstrate your work.
Join the team!
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com