A successful social media strategy includes a plan to grow a relevant following on your chosen social networks. This will help you to reach and engage more people with your content.
If you share great content, more people will follow you. But what is great content? We believe great content is relatable to your audience, adds value and is engaging. One of the best ways to engage your audience is by letting them get to know you and your values.
Sharing your ‘why’ in your social media communication will attract relevant followers who are more likely to take action.
In your social media communication have your shared your business values? Do your followers know what you and your team believe in? Many businesses are started as a result of the passions of their founders. You may have been driven to start your business for a very personal reason, and this is an important part of the story for your customers. Or maybe you or your team work for a business because the values align with your own.
The Golden Circle
Simon Sinek is an author, marketing consultant and motivational speaker. In his TED talk in 2009, ‘How great leaders inspire action’ he presents a simple and powerful model, which he calls the Golden Circle. With this, he explains how successful brands communicate their ‘why’ rather than their ‘what’.
I highly recommend you watch this TED talk and think about how you can communicate your ‘why’ so that you can attract and retain relevant followers who buy into you and what you believe. Sinek believes this is the basis for strong brand loyalty and consumer action.
What do we believe at Social Brighton?
- We believe that social media holds massive opportunities for both individuals and businesses
- We believe in making a positive social impact
- We believe the best social media content comes from within a business
- We believe in helping businesses find their voice and confidence to succeed on social, rather than outsource it to an agency.
I started designing and delivering social media training courses because I saw that many businesses were unsure of the social media landscape, confused by what they should doing and outsourcing to agencies who were not doing a great job.* I wanted to help them do it themselves; do it really well and with confidence. We’ve helped hundreds of businesses over the past few years and our mission continues.
* I’d like to point out that there are many fantastic social media agencies out there! But I have also seen some who I’m sure are making a lot of money and doing a pretty poor job of it. So if you do want to outsource your social media, I recommend taking a critical look at what they do for their other clients.