Back a few years to 2007, when Facebook started to become really popular, it was clear to me that social media was going to be a game changer in terms of marketing and communicating with our customers. My responsibilities as an Ops Manager included both financial forecasting and budgets and marketing strategy, and I saw an opportunity to use social media for both effective marketing and comms and helping the bottom line (we used to spend a lot of money on print marketing!)
We developed an ambitious social media strategy which resulted in saving thousands in print marketing costs as well as interacting with our customers and getting ahead of the game.
I soon realised my passion was in social media marketing and so Social Brighton was born as a blog and consultancy service to help other businesses take advantage of social media.
- In 2014 I was getting more enquiries for training and consultancy than I could manage part-time, so I took the plunge… and said goodbye to my old, 20-year career in order to run Social Brighton full time.
- In 2015 business is going well (phew!) and Robbie joins the team.
- In 2016 I was consulting on some really exciting projects but managed to make time to develop social media training courses. It has always been my passion of time to help small businesses and show them how you don’t need huge budgets to make an impact and reach your target customers.
- In 2017 the courses grew in popularity and Jake came on board with his killer copywriting skills, helping with marketing and also managing some client social media accounts.
- Now in 2018 we are delighted to welcome Callum and Ollie coming on board and very excited to be running new courses with Cat and Georgie this year, bringing their unique expertise to business owners and marketers.
When I started Social Brighton all those years ago, I never thought for a moment that I’d have worked with so many great businesses and worthwhile projects. I’m as passionate about this now as I was then and committed to helping more businesses find their confidence with social media and make the most of what it can offer.[/sc_Horizontalteaser]