I recently put together my Top 10 Tips for making the most of Twitter for your business, recently published in the Brighton & Hove Independent. If you use Twitter for your business,I hope these tips will help you improve what you’re doing.
These are a taster of what you can learn in my Twitter Masterclass for Business Course – check here for upcoming dates.
Top 10 Twitter Tips
- Have a goal. Knowing why you’re using Twitter and how it’s helping your business will ensure so the time you invest is worth it and keep you focused.
- Be discoverable. Make the most of your profile by writing a bio that really captures what you’re about and ensure your website links to your Twitter account.
- Find your voice. While it can feel hard to be authentic if you’re representing an organisation, it’s important to find a voice that represents your business and that your followers can relate to.
- Think brevity. Learn to get your message across in 140 characters. Try taking key points from an article or blog and make a list of snippets you can share. It can take a bit of practice and a little grammatical compromise!
- Learn from others. Take note of how other businesses use Twitter and note what you like and dislike. This will help you to shape your own online presence.
- Be creative. Use a variety of images, video and links to provide a varied and visually eye-catching Twitter feed.
- Remember to listen as well as talk. Using a tool such as Tweetdeck, keep an eye on topics or keywords that are of interest to you. Whether it’s an event, product or a competitor, get real time updates of relevant activity.
- Use Twitter lists. Organise people you follow into lists to make it easier to stay up to date with them.
- Add value to your followers feeds. Whether you’re sharing useful, informative or entertaining content, share something that your followers want.
- Be social. The more you put into Twitter, the more you’ll get out of it!
in case it’s helpful, feel free to download a PDF – Top 10 Twitter Tips Handout