New Social Media Role
I am very excited to be working with Worthing Golf Club to recruit for a brand new position. This is a great role for the right candidate who is keen to pursue a career in either sports management or digital marketing, gaining valuable experience at at a busy sports club in this membership and social media role.
Job Title: Membership & Media Coordinator
Place of Work: Worthing Golf Club, Links Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN14 9QZ
Hours of Work: 27 hours per week, over 3.5 days (including Saturday morning 3 weeks in 4)
Reporting to: The Assistant Secretary
There are three key responsibilities of this new role:
- Membership Coordination: the recruitment and integration of new members in to the Club.
- Website & Social Media Management: the proactive management of the Club’s website and social media.
- Administrative Support: to support the office team in the effective, efficient and coordinated operation of a busy members’ golf club.
- To support the Assistant Secretary in generating and managing membership enquiries and turning appropriate leads in to membership sales.
- To ensure the smooth integration of elected members into the Club.
- To actively recruit new members into the Golf Academy and to support their transition through the Academy into Full membership.
Website & Social Media Management
- To ensure that the Club website is fully up to date. That the public side of the website is optimised as the primary lead generator for new members and that the members’ side is utilised to its full potential as the principle communication medium for members.
- To actively manage the Club’s social media channels including; Facebook and Twitter, ensuring that positive messages are maximised and any negative issues are efficiently and effectively managed.
- To maximise the Club’s advertising revenue opportunities on the website and communication media.
- To generate and organise the production marketing collateral to support the membership recruitment process.
- To support the Office Team in dealing with member and visitor enquiries.
- To support the administration of the Club’s busy competition diary.
Skills & Experience Required
You’ll be a passionate user of social media with a thorough understanding of how to effectively market a business online, grow an audience and create and share engaging content. You’ll know your way around a website CMS and be confident in taking ownership of digital marketing campaigns. You’ll understand basic SEO concepts and apply them to optimise the website.
You’ll have excellent IT skills and be an exceptional communicator both online and offline. You’ll be organised and methodical and happy working as part of a small team as well as being confident in using your own initiative.
You may be interested in golf or sports management but you definitely want to gain experience working in this environment and develop your skills. Ideally, you’ll be interested in golf and/or sports and excited to join the Worthing Golf Club Academy in order to understand and promote it to new members.
- A proven working knowledge of social media platforms including; Facebook and Twitter.
- A proven working knowledge of website administration (full training will be given on our specific software)
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A sound working knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience within a leisure club environment as either an employee or member/customer.
- An understanding of membership recruitment and structured sales
- An interest in golf or similar sport and the desire to undertake the Worthing Golf Academy experience.
- Educated to degree level.
How to apply
If you think you fit the bill and are interested in applying for the role, please send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com
The closing date for applications has been extended to 7th July 2016. However, I will be conducting interviews as and when I receive excellent applications so please don’t delay in applying.